Senator 6/0

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Shootrj2003
Big ORCA Fan

Senator 6/0

Post by Shootrj2003 »

There was a Senator6/0 available on a rod for $25 ,I don’t know what to do?
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Senator 6/0

Post by john elder »

If reel is in good shape without salt burns, you can double your money on the reel and use the rod for pole beans. Might do better if hi speed… but mostly about condition
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Shootrj2003
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Shootrj2003 »

John Eider,
Just jokin,I was pretty sure what to do when he said $25!I handed him the last $25 in my pocket!it’s dirty ,but with very little if any pitting and everything works as it should,I think I can pull a truck with that thing!I don’t know if I will use it anytime soon but first I’ll clean it up and inspect it,Memories of Humphrey Bogart and Ernest Hemingway pop up,but would like to put it to use one day.The polefrom what info is left on it is a Garcia “Conolon” .
Cuttyhunker
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Cuttyhunker »

Good Score!
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Ah, sorry to be slow! You can’t spit without hitting a 6/0 Penn out here on the coast, so not unusual to find them cheap these days along with similar series Daiwa reels. There is quite a glut of fishable saltwater tackle, so unless in pristine condition, its hard to flip for much $. Regardless, they are great trolling reels for Big Game fish! Congrats on your score!

John

PS: i would have snapped it up at 25 bucks, as well!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Bud Chaddock
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Bud Chaddock »

So true john. I passed on many on a recent field call. Guy looked at me like I was nuts not taking them. But like you said. Tons of them as well as 4/0s here. Kiss of death here to own on west coast.