Heads up on Pflueger prototypes for sale

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Bill Sonnett
Super Board Poster

Heads up on Pflueger prototypes for sale

Post by Bill Sonnett »

To let you know I will be bringing Three Pflueger tagged from the factory prototypes to the ORCA National for sale, These reels are all in Warren Platt's collection and were originally in mine. I am selling them on behalf of Warren's family as he is now in assisted living. They are the first factory model for what was to become the Deluxe Nobby, Early Supreme (I believe 1918) with experimental line guide (reel is serial number 3) and finally the original handmade prototype for the 1924 Supreme. The tag on this last one contains information about its use in the trial with Shakespeare as well as the date it was returned to Charles Pflueger's safe.
I love to get old reels, work on them until they run as smooth as silk and the take them fishing using pre-1960 plugs, mostly surface fishing for Largemouths after dark.
spadej1
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Heads up on Pflueger prototypes for sale

Post by spadej1 »

Wow Bill, that’s amazing. Sorry to hear about Warren though. I wish I was going to be there to see them (and everything else).
-James-
New to reel collecting so bear with me please. I like reel deals!
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Re: Heads up on Pflueger prototypes for sale

Post by Brian F. »

Sorry to hear about Warren, Bill. Please tell him I said Hi and Aloha.
Aloha
Brian F.
_________

ORCA Member 1997
Got a spare reel stamped "Pflueger" or a Montague Imperial?
"Caution, objects in reel view mirror are older than they appear."