High end reels did OK on Angling Marketplace

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Mike N
Star Board Poster

High end reels did OK on Angling Marketplace

Post by Mike N »

I was frankly surprised to see these two high-end reels listed on AM. But the 10-day auction just ended and both did OK. Perhaps Angling Marketplace will be able to replace Lang’s for those who want to sell their reels at auction (plus no 21% seller’s premium).

Note: I did speak to one experienced collector who felt the prices realized for these two reels were a bit light. We will see what the future holds for reels on AM.

Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Re: High end reels did OK on Angling Marketplace

Post by Teal »

Considering the buyer's premium, I think both those reels did about what would be expected in today's market. A bit low from a decade ago, but that's the nature of the beast. Hopefully we'll see some more higher end reels on there.

-- Dr. Todd
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: High end reels did OK on Angling Marketplace

Post by john elder »

Well… i don’t think any of them will be mine. But most i bought a decade ago. Would set that bar a bit higher.
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures