Florida Folks! check in, Please!

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
john elder
Star Board Poster

Florida Folks! check in, Please!

Post by john elder »

Has anyone heard from Dick Braun? Looks like he was in the thick of things.
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
RonG
Super Board Poster

Re: Florida Folks! check in, Please!

Post by RonG »

I talked to Dick earlier this week. He was in Ft. Wayne and went there after the ORCA convention.
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Post by reeltackle »

All’s good here in Jupiter, it’s our south west coast Floridians that we need to be concerned about.
Ed Pritchard
http://www.AntiqueFishingReels.com
ORCA Charter Member "First Paid Member"
Honorary Life Member

"Reels As Big As Your Head" Always looking for BIG game reels and anything else that might go along.
butch carey key west
Advanced Board Poster

Re:Florida Folks! check in, Please!

Post by butch carey key west »

Just got off the phone with Dick Braun He is ok and their home did not receive any damage they do not have Internet but all other utilities are good
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Great news! I assume you and patty are okay?
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
butch carey key west
Advanced Board Poster

Post by butch carey key west »

Yes we are fine No problems at our house. Some flooding in other areas. Hope that’s the last one for awhile. Had a good show in Frankfort fun seeing everyone.
Thanks for your thoughts
B
m3040c
Ultra Board Poster

Post by m3040c »

Very glad to hear Butch and Dick are OK. Southwest Florida got really roughed up. I have a special Fishing rod made by Edward vom Hofe on display in the Useppa Island Historical Society Museum. The display names myself and ORCA as the donors of the named EVH Useppa named rod. I know Useppa Island was hit bad, do not know if the museum was damaged. Seems like the houses on the island survived, they are built accordingly but there was massive damages of the boats and docks. Don't know if any ORCANS live there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT9XNPeSVAc
mike cass,,, if you can't collect it, it must be food
Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy
Super Board Poster

Post by Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy »

Dick Braun, here Punta Gorda, Fl, everything is good. 1 window in the house, 1 screen in the screen room, 1 shady lady tree was the big damage, very lucky, all ulitilitys are up an running. Got a question on Zebco reels ask.
That-Zebco-Guy the one who collects the bullet proof closed face reels. Joined ORCA Oct. 2003, Past VP. Need to ask a question: call me 1-941-639-8330 home, 941-661-7187 cell, EST.