"Sold by Vom Hofe"

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Reelman2
Advanced Board Poster

"Sold by Vom Hofe"

Post by Reelman2 »

I have often seen Sold by Vom Hofe on many handles of reels that weren't Vom Hofe. My question is Did Vom Hofe sell the handles to those companies or did Vom Hofe sell the reel for different companies or just sold their handles to other reel companies.
Collect mostly Ky style reels; Meek, Heddon, Horton, Pflueger Redifor and Worth, etc.

ORCA Member
Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Re: "Sold by Vom Hofe"

Post by Nick in NY »

I believe they sold other makers reels. All I’ve seen are better quality Montague solid nickel reels that are handle stamped…in the twenties to the mid 30’s you couldn’t purchase a Hofe for under a $100 but the high quality Montague was possible for a fraction and the quality was there. Tight Lines Nick n NY
Wanted Ultra rare salt water reels including big game as well as unknown rare surf reels!
David Lehmann
Advanced Board Poster

Re: "Sold by Vom Hofe"

Post by David Lehmann »

These were non-Vom Hofe (Edward or Julius) reels sold through Edward Vom Hofe. As Nick noted, all that I have seen are Montagues. EVH carried a lot of Montague reels in his catalogs.