David L. Hartranft info needed.

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
$$$$robert
Frequent Board Poster

David L. Hartranft info needed.

Post by $$$$robert »

Looking for any information about David L. Hartranft, Allentown, PA. Was told he was Vice President of the Original Old Reel Collectors Assn. back in the day. He was also NFLCC Regino 2 Vice President and hosted the Allentown, PA show. He passed away in 2008, and his obit said he owned and operated Dave's Custom Tackle. I found 3 custom rods made by him. The tubes that they are in say 1977. 2 fly rods and one light spinning rod. Any information about Dave's rod making would be greatly appreciated. These rods show no sign of ever having a reel mounted on them.
Thanks, Robert Clark
Steve
Star Board Poster

Re: David L. Hartranft info needed.

Post by Steve »

Region 2 and I always owed Dave a debt of gratitude for taking over the Region 2 show hosting in Allentown when our original site there closed down. With unbounded enthusiasm, he relocated and grew the show for many years.
There's some info on his rodmaking in this article. BTW, I believe he was not an ORCA VP. See https://www.orcaonline.org/about-orca/o ... -officers/

Steve Vernon
ORCA Honorary member

Book: ANTIQUE FISHING REELS, 2nd Ed.
Websites:
Antique Fishing Reels
Kopf reels
Hendrick reels

"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose."
$$$$robert
Frequent Board Poster

Re: David L. Hartranft info needed.

Post by $$$$robert »

I got info from David from his obituary.
He owned and operated Daves Custom Tackle, Lower Nazareth Township, and was vice president of Region 2 of the National Fish and Lure Collectors Club and the Original Reel Collectors Association.
Thanks for the info you provided.
Robert