Talbot Book For Sale

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
RandyAnderson
Frequent Board Poster

Talbot Book For Sale

Post by RandyAnderson »

A new book on "The Famous Reels of William H. Talbot" has been published and is ready for sale.
I had one case of books air freighted for the Frankfort National, it was well received, and sold the case quickly.
I have now received the rest of the shipment. It is a hard back book with a dust jacket. The book is $75.00 plus $9.00 for shipping and handling for a total of $84.00. If you would like to purchase a book, please send a check or money order to:
Randy Anderson
2406 Stonewall Drive
Bartlesville, OK 74006
RonG
Super Board Poster

Re: Talbot Book For Sale

Post by RonG »

I got my copy in Frankfort. It's got a lot of info about the Talbot history and photos of some of the great Talbot reels and catalogs. It's another must have book for the serious collector interested in Talbot reels.

Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

I wouldn’t miss this. My check is in the mail, Randy.

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
RandyAnderson
Frequent Board Poster

Post by RandyAnderson »

Here is a sampling of some of the rare Talbot reel pictured in the new book.

Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

I received mine in the mail on Monday and have read it cover to cover. A job well done, Mr. Anderson.

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
leland99
Advanced Board Poster

Post by leland99 »

I can claim I am ahead of Mike as I have ready mine at least twice!! I would recommend this book to any and all reel collectors, not just the Talbot collectors. The over ~ 30-year company history is very interesting. And while the overall number of models over the years is not huge, the variations and uncatalogued versions of reels are truly amazing. Randy did a great job capturing the essence of Wm H Talbot's creative and mechanical talents!
Bryce Tawney
The Reel Packrat

Packing these reels into my nest hole: Talbot, Milam, Meek, Horton, Heddon, Wm Shakespeare Jr, and small diameter skeleton fly reels!
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

I agree with every word Bryce wrote. Many consider Talbot as the greatest reelmaker ever. Randy wrote an article on Talbot decades ago, Jim Brown wrote an article long ago on the companies, and various articles on a few Talbot models have been published. But there has never been such a comprehensive record of both the companies and the reels before. The Talbot reels deserve this, and Randy has done us a great service.

Steve Vernon
ORCA Honorary member

Book: ANTIQUE FISHING REELS, 2nd Ed.
Websites:
Antique Fishing Reels
Kopf reels
Hendrick reels

"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose."
JL Heinze
Big ORCA Fan

Post by JL Heinze »

Received my book Tuesday and have also read cover to cover! Some great info and spectacular reels. A must have book for any reel collector. Thank you for putting in the hard work for all of us to enjoy!