NEW Definitive History of ABU Reels & Tackle

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

NEW Definitive History of ABU Reels & Tackle

Post by Teal »

This is a special treat, 10 years in the making! Wayne Real's "The ABU Legacy" which is the culmination of his lifetime of study of ABU reels and other tackle. Wayne of course ran the "Real's Reels" web site for years. This massive six pound hardcover is 544 pages long, in full color, and covers just about everything you can imagine concerning ABU and their tackle. Lennart Borgström, former owner and president of ABU, has this to say about the book: “Wayne seems to have been able to track back [ABU history], and he today has a greater knowledge about everything that happened to ABU than anyone I know.” This is a limited edition, limited to 100 copies.

Here is an abridged version of Wayne's introduction: My good friend Lennart Borgström has long appreciated the depth of my research as well as much of the www.realsreels.com website readership, indicating I have explored a topic which is in very great demand — all things from the wide world of ABU, not merely the reels, rods or the lures — but also this was noted by my publisher and friend Prof. Todd Larson who particularly loves the ABU Art. ... The ABU Legacy ended up being more than just an eBook. Few of these quality images were created at 300 dpi, as web-publishing only demanded smaller and lower resolution images on the pages before hyperlink links. ... I have requested that whatever was available to be used and that readers will understand, accept these shortcomings, and just enjoy what is available rather than omit them. ... The text is not meant to be a perfectly correct academic treatise, rather it is meant to be ︎foremost an educational document︎, an easy to read, casual sort of relaxing ramble, with numerous appropriate quotations from relevant persons authenticating points being made. The scope of the book is meant to encompass lots of snapshots in time, being the most wide ranging and highly detailed pictorial essay yet to come to market on all things ABU. While it acknowledges and seeks to support other wonderful titles already in this niche-market, it will explore in depth many areas hereto not examined in all other books. Look out for the possibility of a documentary film in the future. Enjoy ︎the ︎best︎ we have︎ ︎been capable of!

Helped by so many over the years, Wayne wishes to acknowledge the many that accompanied him along the way, and also wishes to note that all his Royalties from this combined sharing will be gifted to the Queensland Muscular Dystrophy Association.

What Others Are Saying About Wayne Real

"Thanks for guiding us to your wonderful website. We never believed we would end up in Australia to see all these nice ABU reels and information. We recommend your work to all our friends and hope to meet you one day. Thankyou for giving your heart to ABU!" -- Kjell & Camilla Byske Sportfishing Museum (Far North Sweden)

"Wayne your site is absolutely amazing and the extent of information really blows me away. One does wonder from time to time, if new generations of collectors will emerge .... if they do, I'm sure your abundance of information will really set them off. Good luck with your collection!" -- Poul Erik Enevoldsen Noted collector, Denmark

SPECS: 8.5" x 11" Hardcover Limited Edition Case Wrap • 544 Total Pages • 1000 Color Photos • Limited to 100 Numbered Copies • Shipping Weight 6 Pounds

Cost is $149.95 plus $12 ship, which covers almost anywhere in the world.

DM me if you would like a copy!

54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Re: NEW Definitive History of ABU Reels & Tackle

Post by 54bullseye »

I tried to send you a PM did you get it ?? John Taylor