NEWELL Conventional Reels For Sale

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Czendejas
Big ORCA Fan

NEWELL Conventional Reels For Sale

Post by Czendejas »

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the fishing reel world. I have enjoyed the hobby of buying, selling, and especially rebuilding and servicing for the last several months. I'm about to retire soon and I find interacting with the reels relaxing. With that being said I have a lot to learn but I feel I have a great understanding of reels from about the 40's to present.

There's my brief introduction.

Anyways I came across some Newell reels and it's time to move them along. I know Newell reels have a "following" which I find interesting.

Maybe I can complete a collection or get a fisherman back in action with these high quality monsters.

This is what I have for sale. I'll list them here before going to eBay or other platforms.

#1 G440-F - $300

#2 P344-J - $275

#3 G338-F - $225

#4 P338-J - $200

#5 G229-F - $200

I rebuilt them and cleaned and lubed everything I could with high quality grease and oil this week. They all work great! They have some minor cosmetic nicks and scratches but you can see they are good to go.

There is a great Newell catalog available for download on this website for review. I was really happy to find that!

I'm a bit flexible on prices and I'll ship USPS Priority Mail with tracking (buyer Pays shipping). I think PayPal is the most appropriate method of payment. Let me know about any other pictures you need. I just don't know what kind of traffic this platform gets so I'm easing into it.

I know the internals are what everyone raves about so I took a picture of them before I lubed them up. I did not replace the drag washers but I fully serviced them. They are all there. Okay so the pictures of the internals are too large for here, UGH. Let me know if you want them and we can figure something out. Sorry.

I am open to any feedback even if you are not interested in buying. I'll take all the education I can get.

Thank you,

CZ
Last edited by kyreels on Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fix image tag
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Re: NEWELL Conventional Reels For Sale

Post by kyreels »

CZ,
See the image posting instructions here viewtopic.php?t=15596. If you cannot figure out how to post images, send them to me using the contact icon on the right hand side of my message and I will post for you. Welcome, and good luck!
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
Czendejas
Big ORCA Fan

Re: NEWELL Conventional Reels For Sale

Post by Czendejas »

Newell Reel pictures