Pre 1910 Non Level Wind Shakespeare Reels

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
NJFisherman
Advanced Board Poster

Pre 1910 Non Level Wind Shakespeare Reels

Post by NJFisherman »

Guys - I think lots of us have at least one or two non level wind pre 1910 Shakespeare Reels. Hopefully you are willing to share some information and maybe a photo or two. I'm working to understand the progression of the reels from 1902-1909 and would also like a few good photos of ones that are in nice condition. A picture of a box would be nice too.

What I would like to know is: what is stamped on the head plate, tail plate and foot of your reel and then if it has quick release pillars. Also, if you have an silver oxidized reel, please ID it as such.

I have just over 50 of these reels but with several duplicates (ugly ones too!) and some gaps, of course.

Thanks for reading this! Dave Lucas
Dave Lucas
klonder
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Pre 1910 Non Level Wind Shakespeare Reels

Post by klonder »

Hopefull this is what your looking for. I can do more pics if you like. I've id'd it as a No.22134 and it is a "take apart" reel with the Moog foot. Two screws on the flange of the head plate to take apart the reel. Cheers
NJFisherman
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Pre 1910 Non Level Wind Shakespeare Reels

Post by NJFisherman »

Thank you! 110 views and someone came through. Hooray! Actually a couple of other members did help - much thanks to Eric Jeska and Bill Muth. Anyway, I get it can be a lot to ask. I'll pose another question and see what happens.
Dave Lucas