New member from Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA

Post information about yourself and your collecting interests.
PaulLuikart
Big ORCA Fan

New member from Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA

Post by PaulLuikart »

Hello, ORCA community. I'm new to ORCA, new to collecting old reels, and relatively new to fishing. I started collecting and refurbishing old reels a month or so ago. I found an old reel in an abandoned cabin in the woods behind my house. An Olympic Perfecta 200 (I think), and this really got me interested in old reels, especially in returning them to usable shape. Anyway, just wanted to check in, say hello, and that I am looking forward to being part of this community!
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: New member from Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA

Post by john elder »

Welcome, Paul! Restoring reels is a very rewarding hobby as well as collecting them. you’ll find lots on both subjects in our archives and there are a number of knowledgeable people here that can help you when you run into a repair snag or question about a reel or maker. Have fun!

John
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Re: New member from Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA

Post by kyreels »

Welcome Paul. I confess I spent a lot of time in Chattanooga at the Freaky Frog Friday at the Holiday Inn sometime in the 1980's. I don't remember much, but a good time was held by all. Great area for vintage fishing reels and good times. The rivers and streams of the area are under-appreciated. Keep us updated.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle