Caution When Responding

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
mark bumgarner
Advanced Board Poster

Caution When Responding

Post by mark bumgarner »

mark bumgarner wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:33 pm Just received two reels I purchased from "The Antique Angler" and could not be more pleased. Thanks David! Still on the hunt for a nice Bronson Black Master if anyone knows of any for sale, please send me a message. I put a WTB message on the buy, sale, trade forum and did get a private message from an individual I think may have been trying to scam me. He had just joined the Reel Talk that day and when I asked for pictures, I never heard back, been over a week ?
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: The Antique Angler

Post by john elder »

Send a message to Brian Funai and/or Matt Wickham and give them the fellow’s name. If he is dirty, he slipped thru the cracks and we want him gone!

John
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
mark bumgarner
Advanced Board Poster

Re: The Antique Angler

Post by mark bumgarner »

Will do John, I agree seemed kind of off to me. Kind of hope I am wrong, but sometimes you just go with your gut!
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Re: Caution When Responding

Post by Brian F. »

Mark, your risk is probably low but thanks for reporting that.

Here's a post about taking precautions:

viewtopic.php?t=25186
Aloha
Brian F.
_________

ORCA Member 1997
Got a spare reel stamped "Pflueger" or a Montague Imperial?
"Caution, objects in reel view mirror are older than they appear."