Need help with info on clamp reel

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
BKeee
Big ORCA Fan

Need help with info on clamp reel

Post by BKeee »

Hello,
I'm new to the site and was scouring the internet trying to get info on a reel I picked up years ago and this thread showed up. So, I joined the site. I am considering loading it on eBay. If anyone here would like to save me the misery of eBay's outrageous fees I would consider offers. (If this is not allowed, let me know). Thanks. -Brian

Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Re: Need help with info on clamp reel

Post by Midway Tommy D »

You would probably do better posting it in the For Sale, Trade, Wanted category.
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

"Pflueger's Single Action Reel with Clamp". Enterprise Manufacturing Co., Catalog F-25, for the 1906-07 Season. (ORCA online library: Pflueger 1906 Catalog, first page.)
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Post by Richard Lodge »

It's missing the thumb screw that tightens the clamp, as I'm sure you know. As far as clamp reels go, this (which came marked 40 and 25) is one of the more common ones. A nice little reel for a collection.
David Lehmann
Advanced Board Poster

Post by David Lehmann »

As Paul points out, Pflueger sold a reel like this in the early 1900s. So did Hendryx. Similar reels show up in a lot of trade (retailer) catalogs from the mid 1890s to early 1900s. I'm not sure if anybody has done the research to differentiate them or if it is even possible with available info.
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

For comparison. This version has a riveted foot and it came with a clamp screw but has no yardage mark.

Paul Manuel

Member since 2006