WTB:Penn 750ss Early to Mid 80's Edition

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
bmcgin
Frequent Board Poster

WTB:Penn 750ss Early to Mid 80's Edition

Post by bmcgin »

Anybody have a 750ss they want to sell in Mint Condition? I am looking for the Reel that was released around the mid 80's with the Original Box, Manual and Packet of Small Lube w/LH Pivot(all also in Good Condition). The Handle is black with a black bakelite knob and the elbow of the handle is raised and round w/red dot in the center. Thanks
bmcgin
Frequent Board Poster

Re: WTB:Penn 750ss Early to Mid 80's Edition

Post by bmcgin »

Should of inserted a Picture at first but this is what I am looking for, Thank you.
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

I am not interested in selling mine since it my favorite surf reel and I use it most years. My reel and box appear identical to yours, but I note that it has a factory stamp on the inside lid that says Nov 16, 1993. My receipt was in the box says I paid $89.95 less a $5 discount of some kind. Still have the plastic oil tube also. I have the left hand pivot also. I seem to be missing the manual which I may have to dig up.

Good luck, this should be obtainable. I will keep my eye out at shows. I have seen a fair number of the reels alone at shows.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
bmcgin
Frequent Board Poster

Post by bmcgin »

Thanks Matt, I believe yours being stamped 1993 probably means(and I might be wrong) that your black handle has a regular
flat elbow shape and the collar might have three stripes which defines the early 90's era. If you look at my picture the black handle has a round like rosette at the elbow part and a target like sticker w/red dot in the center and the collar has two stripes which sort of defines the mid to late 80's era. Thanks for offering the help on trying to get this Reel, Box and Items that come with it. Ebay sells the Manual that you are looking for(same one as in the picture), just search for Penn Vintage Manuals.