Caledonia Trout Festival - Info and Registration

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
David Lehmann
Advanced Board Poster

Caledonia Trout Festival - Info and Registration

Post by David Lehmann »

The Big Springs Historical Society and Village of Caledonia is hosting Trout Festival on Saturday, June 3, 2023 at Caledonia, NY, the birthplace of American trout fishing. Trout Festival is a day-long event celebrating trout fishing and fishing history, including displays, workshops, museum and hatchery tours, a Vintage and Classic Fishing Market, live music, food, and entertainment.

The Vintage and Classic Fishing Market forms the backbone of the festival grounds and will run from 9 AM to 3 PM. It is an outdoor event, so it is recommended that you bring sun/inclement weather cover. Vendor spaces are 10’ x 6’ and cost $20 each. They do not include tables, but 8’ tables are available for an additional $10. Send checks for vendor space and table reservations to Big Springs Historical Society, 3095 Main Street, Caledonia, NY 14423.

Host Hotel (15 miles away): Double Tree by Hilton, Rochester, NY (585) 475-1510. Reduced rate of $125, if you mention the Trout Festival and make reservations before May 18th. Reserve soon, as rooms will fill.

Vintage and Classic Fishing Market Coordinators: Mary and Dick Thomas 585-746-6082. Email bigspringevents@gmail.com. Additional information is available from David Lehmann 281-757-5054, David@TheAntiqueAngler.com.
Eric J
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Caledonia Trout Festival - Info and Registration

Post by Eric J »

Sue and I will be there!
I just made reservations at:
geneseecountryinn.com
It is a lovely, quaint old B&B inn nearby that I’ve stayed at before. They still have rooms available and are just a few minutes away from the festival.
Eric J
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Eric J »

We had a nice time at the Caledonia Trout Festival on Saturday. Finally got to meet Dave Lehmann, Jim Schottenham, and Steve Woit in person and had some great conversations. Steve was also staying at the Genesee Country Inn and we were able to have a delicious breakfast together, more chatting, and watch the trout rise this morning.
I got to see some nice tackle and evaluate some bamboo rods. Good fun!
David Lehmann
Advanced Board Poster

Post by David Lehmann »

Thank you Eric, Jim, and Steve for making the journey to Caledonia! You all had great displays, and I heard a ton of positive feedback about your participation!