Margis Anti-Backlash Attachment

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Panka09
Big ORCA Fan

Margis Anti-Backlash Attachment

Post by Panka09 »

My father in law Robert Margis has been in search for a fishing reel attachment that was made by his great uncle. I have been searching for some of these for many years. Hoping someone might know someone what may be willing to part with one.

Nathan
nathan.panka@gmail.com

leland99
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Margis Anti-Backlash Attachment

Post by leland99 »

Hello Nathan, thanks for posting here and reaching via PM. As mentioned in my reply, I will keep an eye out for any of the Margis ABL attachments. Having your post here will allow others to know your interest. Hopefully this group can help your family obtain one of these cool devices!!
Bryce Tawney
The Reel Packrat

Packing these reels into my nest hole: Talbot, Milam, Meek, Horton, Heddon, Wm Shakespeare Jr, and small diameter skeleton fly reels!
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Re: Margis Anti-Backlash Attachment

Post by kyreels »

This subject has appeared on the board previously. Here is a thread where you see some members talking about thumpers including the Margis. viewtopic.php?t=22745

You might try the contact link on the right sidebar to email some members to see if there is interest in selling.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle