Need Some Help Or Advice

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
oldsaltnfla
Advanced Board Poster

Need Some Help Or Advice

Post by oldsaltnfla »

Can anyone tell me how to reassemble the spool locking lever on a Heddon Daisy (a Hardy clone) fly reel? The only schematic I can find on line shows the assembly at an angle and I can't figure out exactly how the flat leaf spring fits into the equation. Thanks in advance.
Joe
oldsaltnfla
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Need Some Help Or Advice

Post by oldsaltnfla »

Hey Gents, after lots of trial and error and a little cussing, I was able to get everything back together and working as it should. Sometimes I just underestimate myself.
Joe
RonG
Super Board Poster

Post by RonG »

Sometimes patience and your general knowledge is sufficient to allow you understand how to fix things.
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

RonG wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:15 am Sometimes patience and your general knowledge is sufficient to allow you understand how to fix things.
And after sufficient time has elapsed with no success, make things fit with a spray of WD-40 and a set of vice-grips, I always say.
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
Bill Muth
Super Board Poster

Post by Bill Muth »

And after sufficient time has elapsed with no success, make things fit with a spray of WD-40 and a set of vice-grips, I always say.
Love it. The most important tools for reel disassembly and reassembly in my little operation are, in no particular order: (1) a rachet head style screwdriver that I bought at a garage sale, which fits almost every reel handle retaining screw ever made, (2) a quality set of gunsmithing screwdrivers, and (3) those all-important vice grips.
Wanted: Horton, Bristol & Meek reels, reel boxes, and catalogs!!!!