November 11, 2023 NFLCC Akron / Canton Show- Open to ORCA Members

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
KevinVirden
Frequent Board Poster

November 11, 2023 NFLCC Akron / Canton Show- Open to ORCA Members

Post by KevinVirden »

NOVEMBER 11, 2023
NATIONAL FISHING LURE COLLECTOR’S CLUB
AKRON / CANTON

FISHING TACKLE SHOW OPEN TO NFLCC MEMBERS ORCA MEMBERS & THE PUBLIC

HOLIDAY INN (BELDEN VILLAGE), CANTON, OHIO

We invite you to the Akron / Canton, Ohio area to the home of many historic fishing tackle, outdoor, and sporting goods companies. Our show will be held at the Holiday Inn Canton (Belden Village) hotel on November 11th. Vendors can arrive as early as Thursday for room to room trading and receive the NFLCC group rate.

Vendors will be selling antique, collectible, old, new, and used fishing tackle, rods, reels, and lures. We expect that most items to be sold in the rooms and show are fishing related (approximately 75%). Sellers may also have other outdoor items such as misc. hunting supplies, duck and fish decoys, duck calls, wildlife art, vintage shell boxes, knives, prints, magazines, books, household décor, and other sporting collectibles. Other examples of items such as coins, stamps, sports cards, petroleum, vintage advertising, camping, and other collectible items can often be found.

No guns, ammunition, weapons, alcohol, or illegal items will be sold.

Free appraisals and raffle prizes offered (information available at registration table at show). Displays permitted on show tables and best of show judged by attendees with award.

Registration / show fees cover advertising and minor incidental costs. Vendors who plan on selling in the room and / show register and pay $10 (covers spouse / significant other and children). Only registered NFLCC and ORCA members may sell in their rooms and receive the hotel group rate. Show admission is $10 for members and non-members. Non-member paid admission receives a free NFLCC Magazine or Gazette (limited supplies). Youth 16 and under are free of charge.

Tables for show are $20 each (limit to five) per seller. Tables must be paid in advance. NFLCC and ORCA members may setup in rooms and get tables. Tables are now on sale and have been selling for the show.

All current NFLCC and ORCA member reservations should mention the Fishing Tackle Show for group rate. Group room rates are $99 plus taxes for Single King or Double Queen beds per night. Studio Suites are available for $129 for Single King or Double Queen plus living room seating.

Please read hotel contract about smoking and room restrictions.

I highly recommend calling the hotel directly for reservations and if you are planning on getting tables, please reserve them early. Tables are limited to 50 with 10 additional possible if sold out.

Hotel:
Holiday Inn Canton (Belden Village)
4520 Everhard Road N.W.
Canton, Ohio 44718
(330) 494-2770

Show Host: Kevin Virden (New Franklin, OH– NFLCC)- 330-612-9438

Please look under the "upcoming shows" section of the NFLCC website to download a one-page distribution flyer or the show registration flyer / table form. I am including the NFLCC website link below.

https://nflcc.org/upcoming-shows/
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Re: November 11, 2023 NFLCC Akron / Canton Show- Open to ORCA Members

Post by kyreels »

This is a good chance for ORCA members to attend a show whether you are an NFLCC member or not. Kevin is a great host and the show is in one of the best areas for reels and other tackle. This show is recommended.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
KevinVirden
Frequent Board Poster

Post by KevinVirden »

Please note, you should not have to tell the hotel that you are a member of ORCA or the NFLCC to book a room. You must mention you are part of the Fishing Tackle Show group to receive the discounted NFLCC club rate at the Belden Village Holiday Inn in Canton, Ohio at the show. I will check hotel reservations and make sure people are either an NFLCC or ORCA member to be sure no one is taking advantage of the club discount. We will check to be sure people are current club members as well so please renew either membership before the show or it can be done at the show. I hope many of you come and have a great time.

Kevin Virden
New Franklin OH
NFLCC
KevinVirden
Frequent Board Poster

Post by KevinVirden »

We have plenty of tables available for the show for both NFLCC and ORCA members. Tables are $20 each plus a $10 show registration fee which helps with advertising and adminstrative costs. Please consider attending. There are plenty of things to do in the area and a load of eateries. Plus: the Belden Village Mall is less than a mile away and is a great place to shop. I'm sure they'll be a ton of Christmas sales by this time. If you have any questions, please feel free to write or contact me through the NFLCC directory.

Thanks,
Kevin Virden
New Franklin, OH
NFLCC
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

I have my room and tables reserved. I can’t wait.

Mike
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

Recommended for reel collectors. I hear there will be good tournament stuff showing up here.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
KevinVirden
Frequent Board Poster

Post by KevinVirden »

Wonderful news. I know of some guys bringing lots of vintage casting and fly fishing rods too.

Right now we have approximately 30 tables reserved but we still have about 20 tables available. We'd love to have ORCA members join us at the show. There will be plenty of fishing tackle available. I have advertised the show in numerous places including the South Side and West Side Leaders, Outdoor News, the Columbus Dispatch events, on Craigslist, in numerous Facebook groups, and several locations with flyers.

Just recently we had two fishing tackle manufacturers in the Akron region sign up for the show and will setup as NFLCC members.

Please consider coming to the show or setting up. If you want more information about the event please visit the NFLCC website under upcoming shows.

Thanks

Kevin Virden
New Franklin Ohio NFLCC
KevinVirden
Frequent Board Poster

Post by KevinVirden »

Show update!

I hope many of you can attend. We are going to have a full house of vendors including some regional fishing tackle manufacturers with history in the business. It'll be a fun time in Canton, OH. Some vendors (NFLCC and ORCA members) are setting up in rooms on Thursday and Friday before the show for room trading; however, the show will be on Saturday, November 11th, 2023 from 8 am until 2 pm. Setup for vendors will be between 6:30 through 8 am.

Hope to see you there!

Kevin Virden
New Franklin, OH
NFLCC

If you have any questions, e-mail me or look at the fliers on the NFLCC "upcoming shows" page.
KevinVirden
Frequent Board Poster

Post by KevinVirden »

We have a sold out table show! Both ORCA and NFLCC members will be setup at the Holiday Inn Belden Village in Canton Ohio on Saturday November 11th between 8 am and 2 pm. Room trading begins this Thursday and will continue on Friday. No early birds admitted to the show. Vendors will setup between 6 am and 8 am on Saturday.

I have a limited amount of free fishing tackle grab bags and lure samples for youth with paid chaperone admission. General admission is $10. Youth 16 and under are free! There will be some raffle prizes offered. If you need any NFLCC club shop items we will have some t shirts and accessories available.

If you need more information about the event please contact me or look at the registration flyer on the NFLCC website under upcoming shows.