A Selection of EVH 355 Peerless Fly Reels

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Ray Hencken
Advanced Board Poster

A Selection of EVH 355 Peerless Fly Reels

Post by Ray Hencken »

A Selection of Edward vom Hofe 355 Peerless Fly Reels. Pictured from left to right: #1 - 3" diameter, #2 - 2 3/4" diameter, #3 - 2 1/2" diameter, # 3 1/2 - 2 3/8" diameter, #4 - 2 1/8" diameter. The smallest cataloged 355 is a #5 - 2" diameter.

Pictured are 2 EVH reels. On the left is an early 2 1/2" diameter half handle example which was marked in the hard rubber, not on the bearing cover, as were some early EVH reels. On the right is an EVH 355 size 3 1/2 which is marked on the foot 355 and 3 1/2 but rather than the typical sliding cover on the back plate there is a bearing cap. At first I thought that the back plate from JVH reel had been switched out. However, under closer examination I found that the click button, it's location, and the location of the screws for the click spring assembly were the same as all EVH 355's.

Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Re: A Selection of EVH 355 Peerless Fly Reels

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Nice group, Ray, but I'm a little confused as you list six sizes but only show five in the pics. :?
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Ray Hencken
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Ray Hencken »

Midway Tommy D wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:06 am Nice group, Ray, but I'm a little confused as you list six sizes but only show five in the pics. :?
I don't have a #5 Peerless. Those are quite scarce.
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Ray Hencken wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:25 am
Midway Tommy D wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:06 am Nice group, Ray, but I'm a little confused as you list six sizes but only show five in the pics. :?
I don't have a #5 Peerless. Those are quite scarce.
OK, "now I see said the blind man". :lol: A #5 Peerless isn't included in those photos. :idea:
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
reelsmith.
Ultra Board Poster

Post by reelsmith. »

Nice reel, Ray !

I particularly like the #3 and the half handle reel.

Please send them my way when you are done with them. :lol:

Dean.
Wanted: Kosmic Items, Small Leather Fly Reel Cases, Early Fishing Related Bottles, Fly Reels and Pre-1900 Angling/Casting Medals.

http://www.tackletreasures.com/
RonG
Super Board Poster

Post by RonG »

That's a nice rack of reels Ray. Is the No. 5 on your bucket list?
Ray Hencken
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Ray Hencken »

RonG wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:08 pm That's a nice rack of reels Ray. Is the No. 5 on your bucket list?
Thanks Ron. Adding the #5 to the group would be great but I am not holding my breath waiting for one to become available.
Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Nick in NY »

Beautiful set! I believe not to long ago a #5 was found/floating around... wish I'd bought it. Tight lines Nick n NY
Wanted Ultra rare salt water reels including big game as well as unknown rare surf reels!