A few vintage flea market finds today…

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Mike N
Star Board Poster

A few vintage flea market finds today…

Post by Mike N »

…that I adapt for use at the fishing cabin. First, who among us can pass up a nice vintage vise? I grabbed 4 of them. Then there are the small wooden handle screwdrivers (a few need a moment on the belt sander) and several pair of quality German-made scissors, always useful on the tackle rigging table. I’m told a light coat of boiled linseed oil will dress up the vises.

Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
Stef Duma
Advanced Board Poster

Re: A few vintage flea market finds today…

Post by Stef Duma »

The scissors will be good if you decide to start your own hair-cutting business.

I have some great wood handle screwdrivers with lots of patina in the wood.

Nice find.
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

I really love vintage quality wooden yard sticks, especially the square, tapered ones. I got these two Sunday for a few bucks, and washed them off with soap and water and gave them a quick spray of spar varnish.

Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

Stef Duma wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:33 am The scissors will be good if you decide to start your own hair-cutting business.

I have some great wood handle screwdrivers with lots of patina in the wood.

Nice find.
I found the perfect job for those finely-made German scissors I got for $.50 pair: trimming the “sucker” stems on my cherry tomato and potted chili pepper plants. Yes, the tomato plant looks a bit wilted at the end of a hot day; but after a late evening watering, they perk right up by morning.

Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
klonder
Advanced Board Poster

Post by klonder »

Interesting pot placement! Practical placement or just aesthetics?
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

klonder wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:54 am Interesting pot placement! Practical placement or just aesthetics?
I had a large vegetable garden for years but now as empty nesters, my wife and I can’t eat all that we produced. No use trying to give it to friends, since all of their gardens ripen at the same time in August and they are dropping off baskets full at our house. So, I took down the fence but left the fence posts in. Screwing the plastic pots on to the posts keeps the plants away from the deer, groundhogs and other herbivores, with no need to weed. I use Miracle Gro plant food 2x a month and water daily.
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990