Some Leonard Fly Reels

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Ray Hencken
Advanced Board Poster

Some Leonard Fly Reels

Post by Ray Hencken »

Pictured are 9 Leonard Fly Reels. The reels in the middle row have frames of nickle silver. Reels in the top and bottom rows have aluminum frames. Screws, pillars, feet, handles, bearing caps on all of the reels are nickle silver. The largest reel (top row center) is 3 1/2" from pillar to pillar, the smallest (bottom row center) is 2 1/4" from pillar to pillar, the others are 3" pillar to pillar. All were made by Julius vom Hofe for Leonard.
RonG
Super Board Poster

Re: Some Leonard Fly Reels

Post by RonG »

That's a great collection of a great maker.
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Post by Richard Lodge »

It doesn't get any better than that, Ray. A great collection!
Bob dimesky
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Bob dimesky »

very lovely collection of Raised Pillars Ron, I had a couple of mills marked Leonard Rp’s years ago…I sold them to Mark Aroner….Mark was my Cane rod repairer at the time, maybe 77 or so, before he went off to Leonard with Tom Maxwell. I was the last Authorized Leonard Dealer to come aboard Leonard, brought on by Walt C before the fall and the IRS auction…. What other Leonard Items do you collect or seek….I still have a lot of unique Leonard items…Bob Dimesky Pine Meadow CT “on the banks of the Famous Farminton River”
Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Nick in NY »

As always beautiful reels RAY...
Wanted Ultra rare salt water reels including big game as well as unknown rare surf reels!