Langley Parts

You got 'em, we know how to clean 'em
Terry Battisti
Frequent Board Poster

Langley Parts

Post by Terry Battisti »

Hi All,

Well, I purchased several reels off of eBay the other week. To be exact I got 16 reels for $16, buying them with the thought of using them all as parts reels. Nearly all of the reels are missing handles, some are missing screws, and some bearing caps. Out of the 16 reels, 11 of them are various Langleys, which I would like to restore.

Where the heck do I find parts for the reels? I tried to buy a bunch of parts off of eBay a couple weeks ago and got outbid at the last second. That would have helped. So, now I come to you all to find out if there's anyone on here who has extra parts they'd sell.

Thank you all for your time.

Terry

Terry Battisti
www.bass-archives.com
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Re: Langley Parts

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Try Dick Janak if you don't hear from anyone.
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Terry Battisti
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Terry Battisti »

Midway Tommy D wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:18 pm Try Dick Janak if you don't hear from anyone.
Thank you Tommy D!

Terry Battisti
www.bass-archives.com
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Terry, you are trying to find the toughest part for about any old casting reel… handle snd bearing caps. Unfortunately, i don’t have those in bulk although i might have the odd part in the parts bin. I do have a ton of certain parts, given to me by Dave Gaustad, who found them af some San Diego sale. Have some spools, pawls, springs, pillars, feet, and spindle bearings as shown. If you need any of those, lmk.

John
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Terry Battisti
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Terry Battisti »

john elder wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:15 pm Terry, you are trying to find the toughest part for about any old casting reel… handle and bearing caps. Unfortunately, I don’t have those in bulk although i might have the odd part in the parts bin. I do have a ton of certain parts, given to me by Dave Gaustad, who found them at some San Diego sale. Have some spools, pawls, springs, pillars, feet, and spindle bearings as shown. If you need any of those, lmk.

John
Dang John! Wow. Thank you. What I need to do is go through all of these reels and figure out a parts list. I just got done cleaning a couple Lurecasts and a Streamlite. Here are the parts I need for those.

Lurecast: Foot (1) and levelwind tube.
Streamlite: Crank nut (not a crank screw), Foot (1), Spool (1)

I have another Streamlite in the soup right now. It was the reel I bought the entire lot for as it appeared to be an aluminum colored one. It didn't show its true self until I got it apart and saw the inside of the reel where the headplate attaches. It was faded black, which I assume was the color of the reel before it was baked in the sun. Oh well, I got it for $1.

If you can help with any of these parts, it would be great.

Thank you again, John!!!

Terry

Terry Battisti
www.bass-archives.com
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

I've got a black Streamlite and an olive green Speedcast I'd part with since I'm not into lashers. Both seem to have all the parts and work, but I'm truly not into those things so I don't know exactly how well they do work. Probably need a thorough cleaning & some tweaking, though.
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Terry Battisti
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Terry Battisti »

Midway Tommy D wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:19 pm I've got a black Streamlite and an olive green Speedcast I'd part with since I'm not into lashers. Both seem to have all the parts and work, but I'm truly not into those things so I don't know exactly how well they do work. Probably need a thorough cleaning & some tweaking, though.
Good morning Tommy D! What would you like for them?

Terry

Terry Battisti
www.bass-archives.com
Paul Roberts
Super Board Poster

Post by Paul Roberts »

Seconding Dick Janak. My ‘bone pile’ can’t help for those parts. Will watch for your list.
ORCA 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Terry Battisti
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Terry Battisti »

Hi Again Gents. Well, I finally got to a point where I had some time to take inventory on what I need parts wise for this box of reels. I went through the 1960 Parts List and here is what I came up with:

Crank Screw - 101 (Qty 3)
Crank Nut - 532 (Qty 3)
Level Wind Tube - 122 (2), 152 (1), 152C (1) (Models 310, 330KB, 330KC)
Spools - Narrow and Standard (1 each)
Rod Clip - 121 (1), 121B (1), 121C (1) (Model 310, 310KB, and 310KC), 190 (1), 190C (1) (Models 330KB and 330KC)
Rear Spacer - 119 (4), 119C (4) (Models 310 and 310KC), 167 (2), 167C (2) (Models 330KB, and 330KC)
Slotted Spacer - 120 (4), 120C (4) (Models 310 and 310KC), 158 (2), 158C (2) (Models 330KB and 330KC)
Screws - 109 and 111 (as many as possible)

At this point that is pretty much it. I appreciate the help guys.

Sincerely,

Terry Battisti

Terry Battisti
www.bass-archives.com