Pflueger Rocket 1365

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
kpirate13
Big ORCA Fan

Pflueger Rocket 1365

Post by kpirate13 »

Looking for a schematic. Anyone know where I can get one? I have looked just about everywhere I can think of.
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Re: Pflueger Rocket 1365

Post by kyreels »

The ORCA Library has over 2000 catalogs and schematics. Many of the schematics cover dozens's of reels. I will provide one free one to any non-club member, but encourage you to join and support the work that goes into getting these online.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
kpirate13
Big ORCA Fan

Post by kpirate13 »

Awesome! Thanks so much! :D
kpirate13
Big ORCA Fan

Post by kpirate13 »

I have one that looks almost new. I noticed that when you release the cam lever or eccentric lever that the handle spins with the spool. The spool doesn't spin freely by itself. Trying to figure out if that's right or if there's something off inside.
Paul Roberts
Super Board Poster

Post by Paul Roberts »

kpirate13 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:22 am I have one that looks almost new. I noticed that when you release the cam lever or eccentric lever that the handle spins with the spool. The spool doesn't spin freely by itself. Trying to figure out if that's right or if there's something off inside.
The Rocket is not a freespool reel. The lever is an anti-reverse lever as the reel was used primarily for heavy freshwater/lt saltwater trolling. Disengage the AR lever and the reel is direct-drive, able to let line out (with thumb on spool) or for DD casting. Mine actually cast pretty well, with appropriate sized lures. Definitely fishable. And, a proven trolling reel.

Ditto the encouragement to become an ORCA member. The ORCA libraries are literally chocked full of, easily accessed, and always growing, schematics, catalogs, and articles on antique, old, and vintage reels. Well worth the meager investment, and helps all who have an interest in old reels.
ORCA 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024