New member hello and Happy New Year!

Post information about yourself and your collecting interests.
thereeldave
Big ORCA Fan

New member hello and Happy New Year!

Post by thereeldave »

Hi everybody, and Happy New Year! I've just joined up, and wanted to introduce myself.

I'm David, a life-long fisher and camper with a nostalgia for the olden days (in my case the 1950s) and an appreciation of well-designed mechanical devices, having worked as a mechanic and machinist for much of my life.

Neither my collection or my taste in reels is particularly esoteric, being limited to examples of the few brands and types of open-face spinning reeI that I coveted in my youth, or used then, and continue to use, plus a dozen or so unusable mechanical curiosities found at garage sales or on ebay.

Of particular historical and sentimental interest to me, though, are the reels owned by my father (now 95 y/o). I'll post more on these later on. The desire to find out more info on one of my dad's reels was, in fact, the reason I joined this forum.

More later..

-cheers!
David (thereeldave)
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Re: New member hello and Happy New Year!

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Welcome, David! Lots of knowledgeable people here to try to answer your questions so ask away.
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
thereeldave
Big ORCA Fan

Post by thereeldave »

Thanks Tom!
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

Welcome Dave! Looking forward to hearing your tales. Machinists always welcomed and appreciated.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
thereeldave
Big ORCA Fan

Post by thereeldave »

Thanks Matt - I'd be happy to contribute if I can. It seems like I never stop tinkering with rods and reels, or just about anything for that matter 8>]