Looking for south bend no. 1000 model e

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
SB1000
Big ORCA Fan

Looking for south bend no. 1000 model e

Post by SB1000 »

Looking for a south bend no. 1000 model e. I've been looking around the internet with no luck so far. Any help is greatly appreciated.
SB1000
Big ORCA Fan

Re: Looking for south bend no. 1000 model e

Post by SB1000 »

... more to the story. I am looking for a south bend no 1000 model e or any information on what one looks like (so I know what I'm looking for). I recently inherited my great grandfather's no 1000 model A. This sent me down a rabbit hole where I wanted to know more about these reels. I bought the south bend book by Jim Madden and learned so much. I decided to collect one of each model for an office wall art project and to see the progression of this reel over time. I was able to procure decent examples of each model from ebay except for the model e. From the Madden book I know the model e is probably the most rare but I assume there are still many out there. Any help or guidance on finding a model E would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
leland99
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Looking for south bend no. 1000 model e

Post by leland99 »

Posting here is a good start. Also set up a saved search on eBay for a South Bend 1000 and be sure to indicate you want email notifications on that search. As you receive notifications, you will have to look at the listing for the model e indicator. Also attend try to attend some vintage tackle shows if possible. Good luck!
Bryce Tawney
The Reel Packrat

Packing these reels into my nest hole: Talbot, Milam, Meek, Horton, Heddon, Wm Shakespeare Jr, and small diameter skeleton fly reels!