A hard Ocean City to come by… Beach City

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Biggamereels1988
Frequent Board Poster

A hard Ocean City to come by… Beach City

Post by Biggamereels1988 »

So digging through ORCA on Ocean City. I noticed some reels don’t have pictures. I’ve been searching for reels that don’t and boy are they hard to come by. :) Anyway, I picked up a lot on eBay for $22 and this was inside. Not pictured on ORCA and a very hard one to find!

I’m gonna have to find a replacement lever. But it’s real nice!
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: A hard Ocean City to come by… Beach City

Post by john elder »

Nice find! Yes, in general, a lack of a pic in our compendium is a good indicator of rarity. You might consider just a strip to remove the old finish, then refinish that grasp. I don’t see any cracks and would be no great sin, as far as i’m concerned and it would save messing with the staked post, which looks in great shape. You could also just knock off any flaky finish, give it a coat of tung oil and leave as is. It was clearly fished a lot and nothing wrong with showing that!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures