Nice Surprise

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Nice Surprise

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Haven't been buying many reels lately, for pretty obvious reasons :( , but went to the Omaha Small Bass Boat Flea Market tackle show today to see if there might be a deal or two to take advantage of. There were a couple of decent ones I passed up, but when I turned the corner and saw these three cuties on the table sitting next to each other I figured I best do a little haggling. :D It was getting late in the show day, we talked a little and the seller didn't want to pack them up so he made me a deal I couldn't refuse. :mrgreen:
450SS, 430SS & 420SS

Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Re: Nice Surprise

Post by Brian F. »

Nice looking reels, Tommy. I love to fish the black and gold SS spinners.
Aloha
Brian F.
_________

ORCA Member 1997
Got a spare reel stamped "Pflueger" or a Montague Imperial?
"Caution, objects in reel view mirror are older than they appear."
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

Tom, those are my favorite salt water reels. I would be proud to own those. I have a 650SS, 750SS, 850SS in various years. You have the best reels of their generation. Enjoy them.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
Bill Muth
Super Board Poster

Post by Bill Muth »

You are bringing back some late 1990s memories, Tom. That flea market always produced some good stuff. I used to set up with Bob Dale at that show every year before we moved.
Wanted: Horton, Bristol & Meek reels, reel boxes, and catalogs!!!!
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Picked up a lot of nice stuff and got some good deals from Bob over the years. He doesn't seem to have quite the quality & variety nowadays that he used to. Haven't been able to snag anything the last 3 or 4 from him that I don't already have.

He was hobbling around on crutches & looking pretty sad & uncomfortable yesterday. Said he had broken his ankle. Pretty bad I guess, he also said they had to pin it together. :(
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Paul Roberts
Super Board Poster

Post by Paul Roberts »

Wow! Nice!

So... where's the 440SS? I now there is talk about them never actually existing. But... I seem to remember selling them in the tackle shop I worked at in the mid 1980's. We had the SS line: 420, 430, 440, 450. I could be mistaken, but... I don't think so. The graphite ones came later.
ORCA 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024