SRBC-100

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
kdubfly
Big ORCA Fan

SRBC-100

Post by kdubfly »

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here. I’m a vet poster to forums but new to this one, so I’ve probably already broken some rules. I did search for schematics of the SRBC-100 and didn’t find anything. I have ALL of the parts to a srbc-100, but it is completely disassembled. The only schematics I could find online were of the blur I attached to this thread. I am a complete noob and have no idea what I’m doing as far as trying to assemble this thing. There are several washers, bearings, springs, etc, and I haven’t the slightest clue how to put it all together.

Would I be better off tossing it, or could any of you potentially assist me in getting this thing in working order? I am desperate and extremely appreciative to any help.

Thanks! 😊
kdubfly
Big ORCA Fan

Re: SRBC-100

Post by kdubfly »

john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Welcome Kdub! I’m all for keeping reels in the game and this could be a wonderful training vehicle for you to repair. However, unless it was a family heirloom, i would be picking other battles since it is not ( to my knowledge) a rare reel. Having said that, the guy that could put it together is Midway Tommy, our resident spinning reel guy, who has a lot of expertise in repairing more modern reels.
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

JE,

Thanks for the compliment, but it's not a spinning reel. :shock: I'd be completely baffled! :lol:
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Paul Roberts
Super Board Poster

Post by Paul Roberts »

Hi, kdubfly. Well... For someone completely inexperienced, modern reels, esp baitcasters, will likely be a challenge. First possibility is to pay an experienced reel repair person. May cost more than that reel is worth in $. But there are likely other values to be considered there.

If you're wanting to do it yourself, it'll take the courage and gumption to start, and the perseverance to see it through. And some tools. You've got the schematic. Start from there. Online tutorials that exist on reel repair sites such as this one and alantani.com could be helpful, at least to give you some vicarious experience. I doubt you'll find aa tutorial on that particular model reel, but you might get lucky. After you get into it, you will be able to ask more specific questions. I don't think anyone can lead you step by step through the process remotely. Again, you've got the schematic. I'd suggest seeing the reel in sections: starting with one side plate (prob the left) first, then the right with its gear package, anti-reverse, and freespool apparatus, then the spool, then put it all together.

Good luck. It's not all that hard, just a fair amount to keep track of in terms of assembly order. You'll get better at it over time, if you have the interest to pursue reel repair. In fact, it may be easier to make reel repair a hobby first, before tackling a pile of parts in a box.

Good luck with your project, or new found hobby!
ORCA 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
kdubfly
Big ORCA Fan

Post by kdubfly »

Yeah, it’s just an old school bait-caster. It’s too common to be worth much, but too old to have any reliable schematics. I’ve seen a few online fairly cheap, so I’ve considered purchasing another one, breaking it down, and taking pictures and label every piece. That’s the only sure-fire way I could think of getting everything right and to keep from getting skunked.
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

kdubfly wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:03 am Yeah, it’s just an old school bait-caster. It’s too common to be worth much, but too old to have any reliable schematics. I’ve seen a few online fairly cheap, so I’ve considered purchasing another one, breaking it down, and taking pictures and label every piece. That’s the only sure-fire way I could think of getting everything right and to keep from getting skunked.
That's a pretty good idea and a great way to learn, especially if the purchase is reasonably priced. :cool
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Paul Roberts
Super Board Poster

Post by Paul Roberts »

Agreed!
ORCA 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024