First reel of a current production run

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
FishingDude
Big ORCA Fan

First reel of a current production run

Post by FishingDude »

Good day
Recently won a new zebco 33, 75th anniversary reel, serial no. 0001, signed packaging by Bill Dance. Fun addition to my fishing stuff, but curious what it might be worth.
Thanks in advance.
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Re: First reel of a current production run

Post by Ron Mc »

Best audience to ask that would be on Bass Resource forum.
https://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishi ... and-knots/
FishingDude
Big ORCA Fan

Post by FishingDude »

Ahh! Good idea. Thanks.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Another source might be to ask ThatZebcoGuy, Dick Braun about it. There is very little in the world of Zebco that he isn’t up on.

BTW, does your reel have the box and does it look like this one, with an ORCA label on the top? This was a special issue run of 500 reels. I don’t find any serial number on mine, however:

ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy
Super Board Poster

Post by Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy »

70 Anniv. reels there was only 100 that had the ORCA sticker on the box, 500 were produced but only the 100 were done special for Zebco hosting the ORCA Nationals in tulse in 2019. The other 400 reels didn't get the sticker on the box and were given out to Zebco workers. NONE of the 500 were numbered though.
That-Zebco-Guy the one who collects the bullet proof closed face reels. Joined ORCA Oct. 2003, Past VP. Need to ask a question: call me 1-941-639-8330 home, 941-661-7187 cell, EST.
spadej1
Advanced Board Poster

Post by spadej1 »

I think the OP is talking about the 75th anniversary, this year. See article here: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial ... eel/494060
-James-
New to reel collecting so bear with me please. I like reel deals!
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

At this age, 5 years go fast! Thanks, James… glad one of us can read. Looks to be the same reel, re-stamped for 75th and also apparently serialized. They are very nice spincast reels.

J
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

The 75th looks to have a lot of the early 33 attributes. The 70th Limited Edition w/ the ORCA sticker, at least to me, other than being a spincast reel, shows no resemblance to any of the legendary 33s. :?
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Super Board Poster

The Zebco 75th Annivery reels were made to resemble the orig. 33's with the streight line ridged grip on the front and rear covers, they are made in China, and are numbered from 0001 to 1800 from what I was told. 0001 was given away at the Bass Master Classic in Tulsa. The rest will be for sale via. WalMart in July of this year by on-line order only.
That-Zebco-Guy the one who collects the bullet proof closed face reels. Joined ORCA Oct. 2003, Past VP. Need to ask a question: call me 1-941-639-8330 home, 941-661-7187 cell, EST.
Super Board Poster

If you need to call me the land line no longer is valid, PM me.