New User "PfleugerPhanatic"

Post information about yourself and your collecting interests.
PfluegerPhanatic
Big ORCA Fan

New User "PfleugerPhanatic"

Post by PfluegerPhanatic »

Hello folks! I am a new user but frequent visitor of the site, based in Akron Ohio. I figured that after I used this website as a resource for about a half dozen projects, I should probably create an account so I can ask my own questions. I've been collecting reels for about three years now since my grandfather gifted me his gear before he passed, plus I figured that old reels will outlive anything on the shelves nowadays. I have about fifty reels at any given time, mainly from Pflueger, Mitchell, Shimano, and Daiwa. I've repaired/rebuilt a little over half of those reels, and I have started a small repair/resell business out of my dorm room. My favorite past time (besides actually fishing) is rooting through flea markets, antique stores, and garage sales looking for boxes full of old, dusty, reels! Thanks to the folks managing ORCA for having me, and I look forward to interacting with you all in the future.

Cheers,
Adam
Paul Roberts
Super Board Poster

Re: New User "PfleugerPhanatic"

Post by Paul Roberts »

Hi, Adam. Welcome aboard. Lots of info and expertise on the ORCA site as well as kindred spirits. Smallish core here but many drop-in's that have discovered all the cool old reels collecting dust and worse in attics, basements, boathouses, and flea markets, ... . Very cool dorm room project you've got going there. Most fishers have an old reels or three in the family that triggers that curiosity. My son, who was 19 at the time, commented that the old reels I was bringing back to life were so much more beautiful than all the new ones we had. 8) Again, welcome to ORCA. Spend some time in the Member's Only area. Lotsa reading and research sources there. Cheers.
ORCA 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Re: New User "PfleugerPhanatic"

Post by kyreels »

Welcome Adam. I started collecting in the mid 1990's with Pflueger scoured from flea markets. It's been a fun ride. The more you learn, the better it is. Hang around long enough, and you become an expert at something. I did not become a Pflueger expert because my interests changed so much. Have fun hunting and let everyone know what you find.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle