Johnny Bad-A's Thought for the Day

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
john elder
Star Board Poster

Johnny Bad-A's Thought for the Day

Post by john elder »

Where the heck is Bad Bob and Where is my Thought for the Week?! Here it is thursday and i haven't had a single useful thought...other than that thing about breathing!
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

Johnny Bad-A: Other than you, me, RonMc, and the Geezer nobody knows about this site. Can't stir up trouble anymore-no controversy, no fun! For excitement you guys can always check those posts on Russian spinning reels. That's not a hoax is it? Are there really Russian spinning reels?

Quoth the Raven: "Nevermore!" Bad Bob
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

so let's go home! Brian can use this site for pogo cartoons :D
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Reel Geezer »

Courtesy of the Rubber Reel Lady
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Reel Geezer »

You want some controvery - How about Boise State Coach, Chris Peterson, selected for the Bear Bryant award as coach of the year.

Go Broncos!
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

No argument with the Bryant "Coach of the Year" award. Still, wonder if there was a "First Runner Up Award" for Florida's coach? Bad Bob

PS- Did you see where a Brit soccer player was just awarded a $250 MILLION contract to play for an LA team? Do people really pay to see that crap? I truly mean it when I say I have never met a single person who payed a dollar to see a soccer match. Where will that many millions come from? I watch my grandkids play free. Great entertainment, but it has nothing to do with soccer. My grandson stopped once in the middle of play, picked a dandelion and took it to his mom. I think I will find him an agent for him! Ciao!
Jim Wiegner
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jim Wiegner »

Good morning gentlemen (and ladies reading this thread):

First off; Johnny B. You have something in common with my boy Rottweiler...in addition to your intelligence and gentleness, you also have an inner rascal that loves to stir up stuff, purely for the sheer joy of doing it! (And this IS an admirable quality in my book).

Secondly Bad Bob, there are at least a few other folks that do read this particular site, and hopefully also enjoy the ramblings.
Now as regards your comments concerning the obscene amount of money being paid to a very good...NOT great..."Media Superstar" David Beckham to play soccer here in America, may I respectfully add a bit to this.

For the most part, soccer is still considered a "foreign" game to most people born in America. And thus it is treated at best like a poor stepchild. After all, we have our version of "Football" (which I love) and we don't need no stinkin furrin game. But in virtually every other country on our planet, soccer IS the most popular game.

This past year the World Cup was watched by countless billions of folks in every nook and cranney around the world. Mr. Beckham did score a fine game winning goal for his native England during early qualifying, however was not able to help his team advance past the quarter final matches, and was rumored to be "retiring" from international play.

Bob, I value our friendship greatly, and in no way will I "Pound You Into Submission" with statistics or other stuff. However I will say that in the opinion of countless folks who attended the 2006 World Cup, the host nation (who also gave us the founder of our cherished favorite make of reel) put on a show to warm the hearts of the majority of sports loving people throughout the world.

AND...even though our men's team came up short, we certainly can be proud indeed of our great women's teams...Olympic and World Champions!

So them's my thoughts for the day.

Jim
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

there's a generation coming up that grew up on the soccer field.

RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

Well Jim- One positive thing can be said for world soccer. It provides a venue for gangs of thugs to start riots. The only place we can do that here is at pro basketball games. Bad Bob