Turkey Hunting Pictures

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
Robin Sayler
Super Board Poster

Turkey Hunting Pictures

Post by Robin Sayler »

Well as I promised a while ago I got some pictures from turkey hunting. I was definetly out hunted by my girlfriend.

Funny story actually, Heather was hunting in the blind alone when she got her first turkey. It was her first successful hunt for any thing and you may ask where was I? Well it was opening day of Trout Fishing so I'm on the way to my favorite stream and I'm not 15 miles down the road and I got a frantic phone call. She was so excited She could barely talk.

Not bad considering I taught her how to use the call the night before...

I guess this one came in with 4 other turkeys...thats more than i saw each day all week.

It was 21 pounds, 11 inch beard, 1.5 inch spurs.

Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Awesome bird! Young guy, you need to put it in gear and stop making Heather your girlfriend right now - she is quite a catch (so to speak)! Now, if she collects reels...well, maybe we'll let that slide. I know of only one, maybe two, other gurls that love to fish and hunt just as much - well, maybe one doesn't hunt much- but they collect reels too. Rare as hens teeth (least in my parts) so don't let Heather get away!

And... so that day you caught...?
Robin Sayler
Super Board Poster

Post by Robin Sayler »

She dabbles in reels. She like Penns she currently has a couple the best one is a three pillar seahawk with the waffle clicker.

I only caught one keeper that day and probably 6 or 7 small ones they were all brown trout.

She will be coming to Dowagiac with me so we look forward to meeting all of you who are coming.

Brian are you going this year?
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Reel Geezer »

Congrats to Heather.

The Rubber Reel Lady and I look forward to meeting you, and Heather, in Dowagiac.
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

younguy wrote:She dabbles in reels. She like Penns she currently has a couple the best one is a three pillar seahawk with the waffle clicker.

:shock: What are we doing wasting your time talking here!
younguy wrote:Brian are you going this year?
Unfortunately, my "fun" money for reel collecting this year is tied up in a home renovation (the termites were going to run out of food soon). But, I can at least read all of your reports from the show at home and enjoy myself under a leak-free roof, now that it's done :lol:
Don Champion
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Don Champion »

Young guy, I will look forward to meeting you this time. Brian - sorry we won't see you this year. But I understand how it is with feeding those termites. I have my house sprayed three times a year and so far I have none. But just wait!
Robin Sayler
Super Board Poster

Post by Robin Sayler »

Sorry to hear you have bugs brian...

I'll be in wednesday night late probably because I'm leaving after work. I am really looking forward to meeting you guys. Now don't forget to bring me all of your rare pfluegers.

See You all in a couple weeks.

Robin