Fred Kerr's Passing

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Fred Kerr's Passing

Post by Reel Geezer »

I received the following email this morning:
Hello, my name is Shawne Dunn (formerly Shawne Kerr), I don't know if you remember me or not, but I'm Fred Kerr's daughter.

I wanted to inform you that my father has passed away today. We are still working out the specifics of the funeral arrangements, but it will be held at Brewer & Sons Funeral Home in Clermont, Fl. We are hoping for Friday, but can let you know for sure if you are interested in finding out more details for some of the members that may wish to attend. Ultimately he will be buried at the Florida National Cemetary in Bushnell, FL for the time he spent in the service during WWII and the Korean War. Also, if you have any photos or special moments you recall and would like to share, please forward them to me and I will try to add them to the program.

I can be reached at the following phone, email & physical address:

Shawne K. Dunn
519 Terraceview Cove, Apt. 102
Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
Ph. (321) 281-7897
Email:

You can also reach my mother, Lynda, with any questions or concerns at this address:

Lynda Kerr
6330 Lk. Horseshoe Dr.
Orlando, FL 32818
Ph.(407) 492-2691
Email:

Thank you both for your time, I hope life has treated you well since I've seen you last! Take care!
For our new members, Fred was a very active collector, and won several awards for his Shakespeare reel collection.
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Remembering Fred

Post by RAM »

Fred Kerr's "Reel List" provided the foundation of my Pflueger collection in the early years. I looked forward to getting it like a kid waiting for Christmas. When I had questions, I would get on the phone to him (no emails in those times!) and he was always glad to help me. His years of experience with Shakespeare also provided much important historical info for me on the later period of Pflueger tackle manufacture. He knew all the Pflueger Division execs at Shakespeare. I have missed hearing from Fred in recent years but knew of his failing health. He was a first class chap and will be remembered as one of the greatest contributors to the entire field of tackle collecting. We will miss you Fred!
Bob Miller
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Teal »

For those who might be interested, Fred's guest book is on-line and you can post a message of condolences.

His lists were indeed something to behold.

http://orcaonline.org/images/pixel.gif ... d=88098862

--Dr. Todd