A Trouble Stirring Upperer

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

A Trouble Stirring Upperer

Post by RAM »

Let's assume 100 ORCANs attend the meet next week (is that optimistc or what?) If two go per car and travel an average of 500 miles each way, they will have driven a total of 50,000 miles, or over one fifth the distance to the moon! If they get on average 25 mpg, it figures to 2,000 gallons of gas consumed. Of course, some will fly then rent a car and consume even more hydrocarbons per person. All this just to shoot the bull about old fishing reels!

Have you no conscience ORCANs? Have you no shame? Only Al Gore's continuing self-aggrandizing jaunts can equal such frivolous treking! Shame! Shame! Shame!

Bad (dawdling along in Nashville) Bob
(Don't you just love controversy?)
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Oh, Gee...guess who can't make the meet :roll:
orourke
Super Board Poster

Post by orourke »

Hey Bill Muth:

How close is RAM to being right on attendance. I know when I called last week there were only two rooms left and I took one. So that means at least 64 people will be there right?

Dave "O"
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

I hope the guys with the Indian Motorcycles and matching reels turn out.

Bikers with an agenda...
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

Yo, RAM, am I reading you right? As a trekie, you're suggesting we hold future conventions on the moon? At least some of the fuel combustion products will stay out of the atmosphere. But bull shooting? I thought they used swords.
Bill Muth
Super Board Poster

Post by Bill Muth »

In response to Dave's question, the block on the rooms was released in mid-April, so not all the rooms are ORCANs. That being said, we have 40 people preregistered and the number usually almost doubles with late registrations. Should be a pretty good show.
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

Hmm-No one has expressed shame yet, but I bet more than a few will be bit-hing about gas prices when they get there!

To Steve-If we hold the meeting every five years, that rate of 50,000 miles total per annual meet will get us to the moon and part of the way back! Problem-Getting the rest of the way back. Good news is those of us who stay on Earth will have less competition finding reels.
The Bad One
Don Champion
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Don Champion »

Bof - If you can't make it this year are you sending Al Gore as your stand in?