SOME HOME-MADE REELS

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Steve
Star Board Poster

SOME HOME-MADE REELS

Post by Steve »

Had to cancel my reservation at Latham when I was struck by the latest plague sweeping over SE PA, so I didn't get to set up my remarkably non-educational display of home-made reels. Between naps and coughing spells, I shot a few of them and made up a slide show. If anyone's interested, it can be seen here:

Internet Explorer-- http://orcaonline.org/images/pixel.gif ... efault.htm

Netscape-- http://orcaonline.org/images/pixel.gif ... efault.htm
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Great slide show

Post by Brian F. »

Thanks for sharing, Steve, and great commentary! I appreciate the work you put into making this slide show (I know you don't use a point a shoot camera!). Any tips for others that may want to do something like this?
RonLewis
Frequent Board Poster

home made reel slide show

Post by RonLewis »

What a neat subject! THANKS, from some one who appreciates innovation.
reels4me

Hand mades

Post by reels4me »

What a nifty collection, good thing Schottenham is busy out
NY way, sure he would love to get his hands on"the Lord of the rings"
Phantom Fisher
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Phantom Fisher »

Hi, Steve!

Hope you're feeling better. We really missed you, Phil and Marilyn in Latham.

Thanks for posting the cool slide show of cool reels. But what's that line remover doing in there?
Harvey
Super Board Poster

Post by Harvey »

Steve,
Hoping for your wellness too. Hate to see anybody that doesn't feel well.
Thanks for a look inside your collection. GREAT slide show. Someday I hope to learn to make one. :bow:
Thanks,
Harvey (Or as Milt would say, "Harvy".)
Phantom Fisher
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Phantom Fisher »

Oh, dear.

Harvey, of course we missed you, too! And everyone else I neglected to mention: Paul, Jim, Bert ...

And many thanks, Jim and Bill, for all the work you did to pull this together.
reelsmith.

Thank you.

Post by reelsmith. »

Thanks for putting that together Steve... I really enjoyed it.

As for that "Spinning Thing"... the one with the stepped spool, it makes me suspect that smoking crack became popular a lot earlier than we thought.

Dean.
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

To answer some questions:
The camera actually is a cheap, 5-year-old point-and-shoot, but it has a macro setting. I'm looking for something a lot better to replace it. It's been fine for photos on the Internet, but it doesn't produce pics suitable for publication on paper.

The slide show was put together with "Slide Show Wizard," a PowerToy for Windows XP that can be downloaded from the Microsoft site. Very easy to use. There are plenty of other programs that will build slide shows, and you can probably find several free ones at sites like Tucows (http://www.tucows.com/) or Nonags (http://nonags.com/nonags/). The only effort needed is making all the pics small enough for quick loading and making them all the same size and shape.

The line remover is just biding its time until I can take it out this Spring and catch bass with it.

And thanks for all your kind wishes. I haven't talked to anyone around here yet who's had this sore throat for more than 3 weeks, so there's light at the end of the pharynx. (I hope it doesn't keep me awake.)
Len Sawisch
Site Admin

Post by Len Sawisch »

Steve,

This is way cool (as my Japanese collecting friends would say). I have a deep appreciation for home made stuff as both of my kids were made at home. Now if I could just figure out how to get them to move out ... I'd have more room for reels!

Len